Food Pro's Popular Posts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Black Pearl Restaurant



Black Pearl Restaurant


You could stand on a corner and look around until a restaurant sign draws you in. But we've got a better idea. Each week, Bristol-Warren Patch picks a great place to eat either in town or nearby that is worth checking out. Here's this week's choice:
Last week, my scorching spring fever got the best of me. It forced me to get in the car, roll down the windows while cranking the heat at the same time, and take a drive to Newport. It is not surprising how quiet Brick Market is in early March, but it's nice to be able to find a parking spot very close to my favorite summer-time restaurant. 
If you are an avid chowder fan and have never had Black Pearl Restaurant's chowder, then you have never really eaten chowder. Sure, I have had great chowder at other restaurants, but there are no words to describe the heavenly bowl of chowder that Black Pearl serves up. 
Granted, Black Pearl's location right on the water in downtown Newport may be a reason for it's pricey menu (most dishes are about $20), but to me, going to Black Pearl is ultimately treating myself. Going in the summer and eating or grabbing a drink at the outdoor patio overlooking the water can really make you feel like you're on vacation, just a few towns away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment